Connecting to xArm Proxy settings

Hi

I am really not sure what I need to do here: I have connected thexArm to my laptop as specified in the manual… It cannot find the server when I press “Search”. It is now always stuck looking for “192.168.1.xxx”

I’ve looked up on Google trying to figure out what to do in the first step but I do not understand? I need to change the IP address of my computer?

“Search the IP address of the Robotic Arm
Open the xArm Studio application, click 【Search Server】 , find
the IP address of the controller, select it, and click Connect. Note: 1. The default IP address of the controller is 192.168.1.xxx. To communicate successfully with the controller, you must set
the IP address of your computer to the same network segment
and disable the proxy server.”

Thanks
Joanne

Hi Joanne,
You’d change the IPV4 address of your PC to 192.168.1.xxx(xxx should a number in 1-255 and should not same with the IP of xArm controller). Thanks

Hi Daniel

Thanks for quick reply. I still could not figure it out and had to spend more time researching… I found some robot forums of connecting to other robots and kept looking up online. Eventually what worked for me was finding the IP address of the robot using “ipconfig/renew” in the command window. And then I changed the IP4 in Control Panel > Network Connections > Local Area Connection Status in Windows 7. I’ve never had to connect to controllers like this before.

Looking forward to using the robot now :slight_smile:
Joanne

Hi Joanne,
I understand it’s a bit complicate to change the IP address and I wrote a FAQ which include this issue yesterday: 【Official】xArm FAQ1
As there is a Intel based mini PC inside the xArm controller, if we need communicate with the mini PC with our PC, we need change our PC’s IP to the same IPV4 segment.
Thanks and looking forward for more of your feedback about the using experience.

Hi Daniel,

The google driver link for resolving “Multi-turn Encoder Error” is not longer valid. Can you send a new link please?

Much appreciated,
Davina

Hi Davina

Please update the firmware/software to V1.9.0, firmware/software upgrade method please refer to the User Manual - Appendix4-The xArm Software/Firmware Update Method
You can download User Manual from the below link

Please try to clear S18 error via “xArmStudio-Settings-Advanced-Advanced Tools-Debugging Tools-Joint Debug”, click “Clear Multi-turn Error” and then reboot the system by the ON/OFF button on the side of the control box.
If it does not work, please let us know.

Best regards
Mike