1. xArm Firmware and xArm Studio upgrade issues。
The xArm Firmware and xArm Studio is placed in the cloud, hence the Controller needs to be connected to the Internet during the upgrade process.
Upgrade reference 【Official】How to upgrade xArm Studio and xArm Firmware
2. Failed to connect to xArm Controller or xArm Studio.
(1) The IP network segment of your PC maybe incorrect. The network segment of xArm Controller is at 192.168.1.xxx (xxx is a number in 1-255), so your PC’s IPV4 network segment must be at 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255 (the tail number is 1-255, and cannot be the same with the controller’s IP address). If your PC’s IPV4 address network segment is not at 192.168.1.xxx, please change the IPV4 network segment to 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.255.
As how to change the IPV4 network segment of Windows can refer to the following:https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows
(2) If the you did check the network segment of your computer and find there is no problem, but still can’t connect to the controller, you can try to open the command window (CMD open) and enter “ping 192.168.1.xxx” (192.168.1.xxx is the xArm Controller IP address).
If the communication between the PC and the xArm Controller is normal(like the image below), but the xArm Studio still show “Server is not ready”, please try to control the xArm with Python/C++ or ROS.
Then if you can control the xArm with Python/C++ SDK or ROS, but you can’t control it with xArm Studio, it may caused by the xArm Studio software in the xArm Controller is failed to started. On this condition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your sales representative.
If the communication between the PC and the xArm Controller is normal,(like the image below)
Please check if you plug the network cable into the RS-485 interface by accident, or when the controller is turned on, the network cable is accidentally plugged into the RS-485 interface, that will cause the system of the xArm Controller fail to start. If so, please pull out the network cable and restart the xArm Controller and wait for 60 seconds, then plug the network cable to the internet interface.
3. Python / C + + SDK or ROS report “Error Code xx”
“Error Code xx” is the error come from the xArm Robot, xArm Controller, xArm Gripper or xArm Suction Cup. At present, only xArm Studio integrates clear and complete natural language error content. The Python/C++ SDK or ROS generally only has error codes and cannot see specific problems.
So, on this condition, you’d better use the Studio to connect the xArm and to see what happened.
4. Python/C++SDK or ROS reports an error, but the error message is NOT "Error Code xx"
Generally, it may has nothing to do with hardware. It the problems during the process of using the SDK or ROS. It is recommended to send the screenshots to email@example.com or your sales representative.
5. “Multi-turn Encoder Error”
(1)Please download this software and run it while the PC is connect to the xArm Controller
(2)Restart the controller after the error is cleared.
(3)If it can’t solve the problem, it is recommended to contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your sales representative.
6. Problems with Manual Mode of xArm 5
It is recommended to upgrade the xArm Firmware and xArm Studio to V1.1.0 or later, and then contact email@example.com or your sales representative to get the license to active the Manual Mode of xArm 5.